Chocolate apricot cake recipe
– 6 oz (170 g) flour
– 3 tbsp (40 g) cornstarch
– 1/2 cup (100 g) dark chocolate
– 1 cup soft butter ( 100g) (82% fat)
– 1/2 cup (125 g) sugar
– 1 tbsp ( 10 g) vanilla sugar
– 2 tbsp (30g) cocoa
– 4 medium eggs
– 1 tsp ( 6 g) baking powder
– 2 oz (50 g) dark chocolate beans (for decoration)
Bake it at 360 F (160 g) for 30 min
1. In a bowl add the soft butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and mix until you get a creamy composition.
2. Add the eggs, one by one, and mix until perfectly incorporated into the butter cream. We do not add the next egg until the previous one has been perfectly incorporated in the butter cream.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and let it cool. The chocolate should be slightly warm, but still liquid.
4. Add the chocolate in the butter cream and eggs and continue mixing.
5. Mix flour, starch, baking powder and cocoa and sift them into the dough obtained. Mix until it gets smooth.
6. Cut a few apricots into small cubes and a few into bigger slices. We will put the cubes in the dough, and we will decorate the cake with the slices.
7. Add the cubes to the composition of the cake, stirring carefully. Optionally, we can mix apricots with a tablespoon of flour. The flour that will adhere to the surface of the fruit will not allow them to sink into the composition of the cake during baking.
8. Put the dough in a form lined with butter and flour and level it, then garnish with apricot slices and dark chocolate beans.
9. Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 360 F (180 ° C )for 30 minutes. We do the toothpick test before taking the cake out of the oven. If it comes out wet, let it bake for another 5 minutes, then repeat the test.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the form for about 10 minutes.
11. Enjoy this apricot chocolate cake recipe