Applesauce Cake recipe
For the Cake:
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Frosting:
8 ounce cream cheese
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl mix applesauce, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well until the oil is completely incorporated.
2. Add flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and spices (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg). Mix with a wooden spoon or a spatula until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Pour the mixture into a pan (lined with butter and flour) and put it in the oven preheated to 350 F (175 Celsius) for 33-35 min, until the edges of the cake turn brown and until it passes the toothpick test.
4. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
5. For the frosting, mix the cream cheese with the butter for 3 minutes.
6. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix for another 3-4 minutes, until the composition acquires a creamy texture.
7. Decorate the cake with cream.
8. It is recommended to serve the cake after a few hours. The flavor is best when it’s cold!
9. Good appetite and enjoy this Applesauce Cake
An applesauce cake is a moist and flavorful dessert that features applesauce as a key ingredient, providing both sweetness and moisture to the cake. Our cake has a rich cream cheese frosting that goes perfectly with the spices. It’s light and fluffy, moist and tender, and filled with warm, cozy autumn flavor. You can enjoy it plain with a cup of coffee or tea.
Applesauce cakes offer a nostalgic and comforting flavor profile, perfect for fall or any time you’re in the mood for a dessert that celebrates the delicious simplicity of apples.